File Transfer between Windows CE 5.0 and Windows Server 2003 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I would like to Transfer files from Windows CE 5.0 to Server and ie both download and upload. I would like to know which is the best way to do this. I have read that IIS can be used to transfer files using the FTP server.

Friday, February 12, 2010 11:52 AM

All replies

• Hi Joe,

For communication between PC and device, there are following ways to do:

PC--->Device:  (send data from PC to Device)

1. Socket, PC can be a client side or server side
    2. MSMQ

Device--->PC:  (send data from Device to PC )

1. Socket
    2. Web Service
    3. WCF(only support vs2008, CF 3.5)
    4. HttpWebRequest
    5. MSMQ

I don't think there is a best way to do something, it depend on your requirement and condition.

Best regards,
    Guang-Ming Bian - MSFT
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Monday, February 15, 2010 9:40 AM
  • Hi, I thought I will explain the entire problem so that the question is clearer. Actually we have a handheld device which will be taking about 25 - 50 images per day and it has to be uploaded to the Sql Server 2008. Similarly some 20 odd images will be downloaded to the handheld device. So basically the transfer of files is required and the integrity of the files also should be maintained.I found out that FTp is not supported out of the box in Compact Framework Windows CE. For the database sync we are already using merge replication. So considering this requirement What would be the best way to implement a solution for this problem? And the link provided above was returning 404 error.
    Tuesday, February 16, 2010 3:59 AM