Can LightSwitch use Individual User Accounts as in MVC 5? RRS feed

• Question

• I am in the process to evaluate whether using LightSwitch or MVC for the a new application development. I found that LightSwitch only supports Windows and Forms authentication. There is no support for Individual User Accounts as in MVC 5. Is it there any way to use Individual User Accounts such as Google, windows Live accounts in LightSwitch application?

jl

• Edited by Joe Lee Thursday, May 22, 2014 2:23 AM
    Thursday, May 22, 2014 2:22 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Joe,

In LightSwitch, we can make your application more secure by implementing authentication, through which users must identify themselves to access the application.

If choose the Use Windows authentication, the application will now require users to authenticate themselves to access the application.

The other authentication option is Use Forms authentication, which the application itself manages.

Regards

Angie 

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Thursday, May 29, 2014 3:33 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Joe Lee Thursday, May 29, 2014 4:08 AM
    Tuesday, May 27, 2014 11:39 AM
  • Hi Angie

Sorry, I have to say it is not resolved. What I am looking for is to use other authentication providers such as google in addition to the LightSwitch build-in Forms authentication. This is what current MVC supports and it is called Individual User Accounts 

jl

Thursday, May 29, 2014 4:11 AM
  • Hi Joe

Hope the below MSDN article from Jan help you to solve your issue.

Logging in to a LightSwitch Application Using Social Media Credentials

Regards

Rashmi Ranjan Panigrahi
    www.lightswitchspecial.com

If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”.
    This will help other users to find their answer quickly.

• Proposed as answer by Angie Xu Friday, May 30, 2014 7:13 AM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Tuesday, June 3, 2014 2:32 AM
    Thursday, May 29, 2014 8:28 AM