none
bc36970 error

Question

• while edit & continue with vs 2015 pro vb.net I get this error : code BC36970  fail to emit moudle . source : intellisense

what i have to to ?

Sunday, August 28, 2016 8:39 PM

Answers

• RESOLUTION

Too many projects were linked to a solution.

I canceled the reference to some of them, and I made a new Referents directly to the DLL

problem solved
    • Proposed as answer by qing__Moderator Wednesday, August 31, 2016 9:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by Eytan Tzakoni Wednesday, August 31, 2016 9:17 AM
    Wednesday, August 31, 2016 9:02 AM

All replies

• while edit & continue with vs 2015 pro vb.net I get this error : code BC36970  fail to emit moudle . source : intellisense

That appears to be this error:
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/zec56a0w.aspx

It can occur if part of your application (including a DLL you reference) is obfuscated.

Sunday, August 28, 2016 9:15 PM
  • Hello, 

Hard to say without seeing the offending code.

See also https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2fbb5198-d86e-4f51-8c0b-4d8b728be7b9/vs-2015-vbcexe-error?forum=visualstudiogeneral

I'm moving your question to a Visual Studio forum in the meantime.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Sunday, August 28, 2016 9:17 PM
  • Hi Eytan Tzakoni,

According to your description, when this issue happened after you installed VS or appeared recently?

If this issue appeared recently, I suggest you refer to the following steps to troubleshot your issue:

1). Please update your VS to the latest version, which has fox some bugs in previous version.

2). According to the error. We could close the intellisense in VS. Please following this steps:

Tools->Options->Text Editor->Basic->General->uncheck Auto list members and Parameter information

3). You could create a new VB project and run it to observer whether also has this issue. If this issue appeared in your code, please share you code that could help us to repro this issue.

4). Whether you have installed the third part add-ins in your VS, please start VS in safe mode (deven /SafeMode), which could prevent all third-party VSPackages from loading when Visual Studio starts.

5). According to a similar thread, whether you have also installed Red Gate Smart Assembly in computer. If yes, please refer to Andrey Ivashov’s reply that to update the Red Gate Smart Assembly.

If this issue appeared after you installed VS. I suggest you should repair your VS.

Sincerely,

Oscar

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 5:53 AM
  • Hi Oscar

1) My Vs  Professional 2015 is the (latest udate 3)

2) Auto list members and Parameter information Is uncheck.

3) In other project there is no problem.

4) I have not any third part in my project

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 9:41 AM
  • Hi Karen

This reference does not appear related to my problem.

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 9:50 AM
  • Hi Eytan Tzakoni,

According to your description, this issue was appeared in a specify project and you could create a new Basic project without any problems, am I right?

If this project has been created by a previous version of VS, so this issue may be caused by some compatibility problems with project and Visual Studio.

If possible, we could create a new project and copy the contents from the old to the new one. I think this could be a practicable scenario so far.

Sincerely,

Oscar

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 10:15 AM
  • Hi Oscar

I try to create new solution, and i have the problem.

I have 21 projects in this solution.

Sincerely

Eytan

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 10:57 AM
  • RESOLUTION

Too many projects were linked to a solution.

I canceled the reference to some of them, and I made a new Referents directly to the DLL

problem solved
    • Proposed as answer by qing__Moderator Wednesday, August 31, 2016 9:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by Eytan Tzakoni Wednesday, August 31, 2016 9:17 AM
    Wednesday, August 31, 2016 9:02 AM
  • Hi Eytan Tzakoni,

Glad to know that you have resolved this issue, and thanks for sharing your solution here. Would you please mark your reply as the answer? So it would be helpful for other members who meet the same issue as yours.

Sincerely,

Oscar

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 9:04 AM