none
22 Command Buttons in a Form Header are resizing themselves and losing the captions RRS feed

• Question

• I placed 22 command buttons in a Form Header, but when I want to open the Form, the command buttons
    resize themsleves and the captions are not visible. How can this prevented? Is this happening because
    there are too many command buttons in the Form Header? If so, what can I use instead of command buttons?
    Tuesday, June 13, 2017 5:56 PM

All replies

• I am not aware command buttons auto-resize. How exactly did you add them on the form? Do you know if you have any layout and anchoring applied to the group of buttons?
    Tuesday, June 13, 2017 6:05 PM
  • I am working in Access 2016. In Design view I dragged a command button to the Form Header, not in a group. In Design view, it looks fine, however, when I open Form View, the buttons become resized, and only a few of the 22 captions on the command buttons, are visible.
    Tuesday, June 13, 2017 8:31 PM
  • Hi,

I can't tell (without looking at it) if there isn't a layout or anchoring attached to the command buttons. Can you confirm either way? Thanks.

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 8:32 PM
  • Hi Moshe Singer,

I try to make test on my side. I have added 24 buttons in header and I did not apply any layout or I did not arrange them.

on my side button did not get resized and display as it is when I run the form.

below is the property sheet for header.

so you can try to check these properties on your side.

you can also post the picture of your Form in design view and in Form view.

so that we can get better idea.

other thing I want to confirm with you is the button text is too long?

also let us know why do you create so many buttons in header? if possible for you then you can try to use Combobox. so you just need to add one combobox in header.

let us know about your testing results , so that we can try to provide further suggestions.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 14, 2017 6:05 AM
  • Hi Moshe Singer,

Is your issue solved?

I find that you did not reply on this thread for a long time.

if your issue is solved then please update the status of this thread , try to post the solution and mark it as an answer.

if your issue is still exist then let us know about that and try to refer the suggestions provided by the community members may help you to solve the issue.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 23, 2017 7:17 AM