none
Exporting to PDF RRS feed

• Question

• I have exported a report to PDF using response.write. But page breaks vertically half and other half appears on the next page.

Is it possible to set a page setting in PDF?

Any help will be appreciated.

Monday, February 4, 2008 4:11 PM

Answers

• I had the same problem.I set the page to landscape.Report Menu > Properties and the width and height.

I hope this helps.
    Tuesday, February 5, 2008 10:56 AM

All replies

• I had the same problem.I set the page to landscape.Report Menu > Properties and the width and height.

I hope this helps.
    Tuesday, February 5, 2008 10:56 AM
  • Thanks for the response. Please let me know where's the option is.

I am just wandering for this issue. 

Wednesday, February 6, 2008 12:52 PM
  • Go to the Report Menu > Report Properties > Layout Tab.

There you can set Landscape or Portrait depending on the width and height values.

For landscape i used :
    Width 11in
    Height 8.5in

Hope this helps.
    - Swammingo
    Thursday, February 7, 2008 6:36 AM
  • Switching to landscape should only be your solution if your intended orientation is landscape.  If you intend to use portrait with 8.5x11, it requires ensuring your margins are set appropriately and the data within the report is not spilling over.

Anything that pushes past 8.5 will cause a second page.  Sad  I set my margins to .05 on all sides.  Then I set the "Body" section of the report to 7.5x10.  Also, if you change the width or even move elements in your body, like a rectangle, too far, it automatically jacks up the width of the "Body" component, and you have to go into the properties and set it back.

Also, page breaks and extra width can cause unwanted blank pages.  Not as user friendly as you would hope for.

Friday, February 8, 2008 5:15 PM