IIS 6 .net 1.1 application server moved to new domain RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I had a .NET 1.1 app running on IIS 6 on a standalone server.  I moved it into an AD domain and changed the name of the server.  Now the application does not run, I just get general asp.net access denied errors when browsing to it.  I've reinstalled .net framework 1.1 and the web app itself to no avail.

Configuration:

Application using Windows authetication, ADO connection to back end sql db using Integrated Windows authentication (sql host in same domain and subnet).  Custom error messages are turned off in web.config.  App uses enterprise library for error handling and runs within the default web site.

I've tried changing the application pool etc.

In an AD domain environment, the application usually runs without problem when configured with Windows auth for IIS and Integrated Windows for ADO and then granting login/access rights to the sql server and db for all domain users.

Can anyone tell me if the change of server name/domain membership might mess up browser connections to the app?  Reason I ask this is even if I just use anonymous authentication on IIS from anywhere but on the server I receive that general access denied message.  One final note, I am able to render simple html pages from within the site, just no asp.net.

Thanks in advance for any insight and where I should post this.
    Thursday, August 21, 2008 9:20 PM

Answers