Still trying to make it portable .. help RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to get my little Form designed app to run on someone else's computer. A friend ran dependency checker on it to try and see why it might not be running on his (runs fine on mine) and go this weird message:

Error: The Side-by-Side configuration information for "c:\temp2\JBOUND.EXE" contains errors. This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem (14001).
    Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module.

Any idea what that could mean? And how I fix it? The app is really simple, just some buttons and a backgroundWorker in the form that does some simple calculations and prints some text.
    Saturday, February 3, 2007 9:55 PM

Answers

• Your friend needs to install the .NET 2.0 framework and the C++ runtime DLLs.  Make sure you give him the Release build of your app, he won't have the Debug DLLs unless he installed VS2005.  DependencyChecker gives an unresolved import warning on any modern .exe for the MPR.DLL module.
    Sunday, February 4, 2007 3:50 PM
  • An additional on nobugz's comments, For most of problems comes out during the redistribution, it is always a good choice to try the steps described in troubleshooting c/c++ isolated application, hopefully you can solve your problem and furthermore, you can learn more from it.

good luck

bite

Wednesday, February 7, 2007 5:09 AM

All replies

• Your friend needs to install the .NET 2.0 framework and the C++ runtime DLLs.  Make sure you give him the Release build of your app, he won't have the Debug DLLs unless he installed VS2005.  DependencyChecker gives an unresolved import warning on any modern .exe for the MPR.DLL module.
    Sunday, February 4, 2007 3:50 PM
  • An additional on nobugz's comments, For most of problems comes out during the redistribution, it is always a good choice to try the steps described in troubleshooting c/c++ isolated application, hopefully you can solve your problem and furthermore, you can learn more from it.

good luck

bite

Wednesday, February 7, 2007 5:09 AM
  • you need to compile the app in release mode. and maby include the manifest with it
    Thursday, February 8, 2007 7:46 PM