New flight 15043 released for Insiders RRS feed

• General discussion

• We have released a new flight with the build number 15043 for Insiders. This will be a two process update. First, the system will update to 15031 and then it will automatically update to 15041. If you discover any issue, please report it using the feedback app.

New this build:

• Clean the help options for the limpet.exe security tool.
    • Fix spelling and other small issues in Windows Device Portal (WDP).
    • Fix an issue which caused a bluescreen when an appx is deployed without a certificate when developer mode is off.
    • Fix bugs to enable enhanced security.
    • Enable IoT Dashboard to identify IPV6 enabled devices.
    • Fix OSK caps lock functionality.
    • Fix bug where Windows Device Portal showed the wrong windows update status.
    • Fix access denied issue in Windows Device Portal command line page.
    • Cortana bug fixes.
    • Fix an issue with VibrationDevice APIs.
    • Shell bug fixes.
    • Enable switching languages from Bertha without a reboot.
    • Fix an issue which caused many systems to bluescreen during their first boot.

Known issues:

• Check for updates does not show the update status.
    • Network connectivity failures in MinnowBoard Max (MBM) version 0.93. (Fixed in version 0.94.)
    • BluetoothLE paired devices may throw an exception and fail to function properly
    • F5 driver deployment does not work on IoT Core.
    • Joule - Debugger will time out on a breakpoint when using C++
    • Kernel debugger will not attach to RPI
    • When updating to 15043, the IoT Default App may be uninstalled
    • On RPi2/3 hardware Cortana cannot capture full audio when:
    • The CPU is under heavy load.
    • The device is under heavy network or storage use.

To mitigate:

• Use a separate USB speaker and USB microphone

Thanks!

Saturday, February 25, 2017 12:41 AM

All replies

• I can't see build number 15031  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsiot
    Saturday, February 25, 2017 1:29 AM
  • You need to put build 15026 on. Windows Update on the device will then update the version to 15031 then 15043. At least that is what my RPi is doing at the moment.
    Saturday, February 25, 2017 10:22 AM
  • The on-screen keyboard now makes the whole view go black when it is opened. It was fine in 15031 and earlier. In build 15043 when I click in a text field the keyboard pops up and the whole screen goes black. Just before the keyboard appears a blocky keyboard image is briefly shown on screen. Also, there is no way to dismiss the keyboard, clicking off the keyboard on the now black background does nothing.
    Saturday, February 25, 2017 12:17 PM
  • How long should it take to go from 15031 to 15041/43?

My RPi2 was updated to 15031 yesterday. It appeared to be a normal upgrade process. After that, it does not appear in the IoT Dashboard. I can connect to the Device Portal and see that it is running. In the Device Portal > Windows Update I clicked "Check for updates" and it doesn't find any. The page shows:

Last update failed.
    Last update completed: 2017-02-24 at 22:46
    Last checked: 2017-02-25 at 08:43

Saturday, February 25, 2017 4:46 PM
  • Dear Zeeshan,

My RPi 3 updated from 15026 to 15031 successfully. However, the 15043 is not OK. The screen go black when RPi 3 reboot after installing the updates. When I go to Windows Device Portal, the update page keep showing that I should restart the device to complete the update process. No matter how many times I try to reboot, the outcome is the same. I can't see anything on my screen.

Keep Fighting

Sunday, February 26, 2017 7:58 AM
  • Sorry, friend

Finally, I found that the IoT Default App was uninstalled.

After I deploy the app to my device, it works fine.

Keep Fighting

Sunday, February 26, 2017 8:13 AM
  • i can confirm @Jiong Shi's discovery as i had the same issue, of course the installation from IoTCoreDefaultApp does not solve the "Updates installed. Please restart to complete the update process." issue
    , DragonBoard does not have that issue ...
    Sunday, February 26, 2017 12:01 PM
  • In both releases 15031 and 15043, the file explorer does not show any files. It does show the directories but there are no files in them. This problem has occurred before, was solved some releases ago, but now re-appears. 

Anne

Sunday, February 26, 2017 7:35 PM
  • Hi all 
    How can i update windows via powershell?

Thanks

Monday, February 27, 2017 2:08 AM
  • My Pi updated to 15043 overnight. Unfortunately, this new build has ruined my app..... For some reason, all background colors are gone now, which leads to a screen with white tiles, with white icons and white text. Only the parts of some icons can be seen. In build 15031 everything was okay. The problem occurs both in release and debug mode. Even when I set the background color to red, everything stays white...

UPDATE:

The problem occurs when an Image is part of a gridviewitem or stackpanel. 

This works: (background color of the tile is gray)

<GridViewItem Name="gvClock2" Margin="5,5,5,5">
                            <StackPanel Name="PnlClock2" Width="110" Height="110" HorizontalAlignment="Center" Background="DarkSlateGray" BorderBrush="Black">
                                <TextBlock Margin="5,2,5,0" FontSize="12" FontWeight="Bold" Foreground="White" Text="Time" HorizontalAlignment="left" />
                                <TextBlock Name="Tile_Clock2" Margin="0,10,0,5" FontSize="30" FontWeight="Bold" Foreground="White" Text="100%" HorizontalAlignment="center" VerticalAlignment="center" />
                            </StackPanel>
                        </GridViewItem>

This does not... (tile becomes completely white)

<GridViewItem Name="gvClock2" Margin="5,5,5,5">
                            <StackPanel Name="PnlClock2" Width="110" Height="110" HorizontalAlignment="Center" Background="DarkSlateGray" BorderBrush="Black">
                                <TextBlock Margin="5,2,5,0" FontSize="12" FontWeight="Bold" Foreground="White" Text="Time" HorizontalAlignment="left" />
                                <TextBlock Name="Tile_Clock2" Margin="0,10,0,5" FontSize="30" FontWeight="Bold" Foreground="White" Text="100%" HorizontalAlignment="center" VerticalAlignment="center" />
                                <Image Name="img_Clock2" Width="30" Height="30" Margin="80,0,0,0" Source="images/temperature.png"  />
                            </StackPanel>
                        </GridViewItem>

When the source of the image is removed, the tile is okay again but if I then set the source through code the tile is white again. So, there is definitely a problem with images...

UPDATE 2:

Even in the working situation: as soon as the gridview is altered, the tile becomes white again... So, leaving the images out does not solve the problem.

Screen as it looks now:

This is how the screen should look like:

Anyone??????

Monday, February 27, 2017 7:10 AM
  • You need to put build 15026 on. Windows Update on the device will then update the version to 15031 then 15043. At least that is what my RPi is doing at the moment.

Hello Slicc

Windows auto update and now, screen show black color only. I'm using intel joule 570x
    How can fix it?

Thanks

Monday, February 27, 2017 11:18 AM
  • @Thuong you need to check if IotDefaultApp is installed with DevicePortal, if not download from github and install it, or your default app...its up to you

br

Andre

Monday, February 27, 2017 11:25 AM
  • If you are encountering any issues including the onscreen keyboard problems that a few insiders have reported, please follow the steps at https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fad1c6a0-e578-44a7-8e8d-95cc28c06ccd/need-logs-if-your-device-hasnt-updated-to-the-latest-iotcore-version?forum=WindowsIoT and send feedback toward us.

Thanks!

Monday, February 27, 2017 9:41 PM
  • If you are encountering any issues including the onscreen keyboard problems that a few insiders have reported, please follow the steps at https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fad1c6a0-e578-44a7-8e8d-95cc28c06ccd/need-logs-if-your-device-hasnt-updated-to-the-latest-iotcore-version?forum=WindowsIoT and send feedback toward us.
    Monday, February 27, 2017 11:09 PM
  • Thanks Jiong for informing us about this. It looks like the device is installing updates and restart interrupted the update process. Please give it some time to finish updates. If the problem persists, please follow the steps at https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fad1c6a0-e578-44a7-8e8d-95cc28c06ccd/need-logs-if-your-device-hasnt-updated-to-the-latest-iotcore-version?forum=WindowsIoT and send feedback toward us.
    Monday, February 27, 2017 11:10 PM
  • @Zeeshan

"It looks like the device is installing updates and restart interrupted the update process. Please give it some time to finish updates."

could you clarify what you mean with "give it some time to finish updates" ?

i rebooted pi by the click of the "restart now" button in device portal and the "Updates installed. Please restart to complete the update process." occurred so when should we give it some time?

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 12:13 AM
  • "Windows auto update and now, screen show black color only."

I had the same experience on two recently updated devices - missing default app. Feedback submitted on the subject.

Rick

• Edited by Pannell Tuesday, February 28, 2017 12:19 AM
    Tuesday, February 28, 2017 12:15 AM
  • @Pannell you need to check if IotCoreDefaultApp is installed with DevicePortal, if not download from github and install it, or your default app...its up to you, that's not a bug...
    Tuesday, February 28, 2017 12:20 AM
  • Interesting - why was it included as, well, "default", with all the previous updates but not this one? Not a big deal since I'm not really using it, just wondering why the change?

Thanks!

Rick

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 12:25 AM
  • that's insider pre release bits... and normally a user would install his own app and not the default one
    Tuesday, February 28, 2017 12:28 AM
  • I am back on 15026 and everything is working fine again. I posted my problem on this forum, using the feedback app end through Visual Studio. I hope someone at Microsoft will start working on this issue!

Anne

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 6:13 PM
  • Thanks for sending logs to us.

Update issue: The update issue is being fixed and we will release the fix in upcoming flights. Re-flashing your device to any of the available insider builds will fix this issue and enable you to continue to receive flights.

Attach Logs button: Attach logs button is currently not exposed. However, logs from your machine will be uploaded automatically if you follow the steps in the above post. 

Thanks!

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 11:10 PM
  • My device has updated to 10.0.15046, on the device dashboard I can see

Updates installed. Please restart to complete the update process.

Last update completed: 2017-03-01 at 23:45

Last checked: 2017-03-06 at 08:33

It also keeps restarting every so often. I can only assume that it's trying to apply the updates and something isn't quite working. Is there any way in which I get install the Windows-Feedback app by side loading onto my desktop PC, corporate policy means I can't install apps from the Windows Store.

Monday, March 6, 2017 10:42 AM
  • The on-screen keyboard now makes the whole view go black when it is opened. It was fine in 15031 and earlier. In build 15043 when I click in a text field the keyboard pops up and the whole screen goes black. Just before the keyboard appears a blocky keyboard image is briefly shown on screen. Also, there is no way to dismiss the keyboard, clicking off the keyboard on the now black background does nothing.
    Were you able to resolve this issue?  I have the same problem, doesn't seem to matter which app is running, I have tried several applications and I can reproduce with the default app.  When using a physical keyboard alt-tab will briefly return you to the running app but then the keyboard will reappear and block the entire screen.  There doesn't seem to be a way to dismiss the keyboard.  Tested on a Raspberry Pi 3.
    Monday, March 6, 2017 2:36 PM
  • @PrairieSnpr did you sent feedback as requested?
    Monday, March 6, 2017 2:47 PM
  • @PrairieSnpr did you sent feedback as requested?
    I have not, both methods listed require your device to show up in the IoT Dashboard My Devices.  None of my devices ever show up here.  I have the log files if there is an alternate way to submit them.
    Monday, March 6, 2017 3:41 PM
  • @PrairieSnpr you could open your own Question to handle the "device not shown in IoT Core Dashboard" issue as this should work if the IoT Core Dashboard runs on a PC in the same network
    Monday, March 6, 2017 3:52 PM
  • My app did the same thing.  I have cards with 15031 on them.  App worked great after rolling back.  15043 is totally messed display-wise.

Dan DeMerchant

Wednesday, March 8, 2017 4:56 AM