none
ActiveSync: Retrieving the IP Address of the Mobile Device from ExchangeServer 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have setup Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 and able to register Android devices, iPhones via ActiveSync protocol.  Is there a way I can fetch the IP Address of these devices from Microsoft Exchange Server?  I explored Exchange cmdlets Get-ActiveSyncDevices, Get-ActiveSyncDeviceStatistics etc... These provide lot of other information and not the IP Address or MAC Address of the device that is synchronizing.

I also explored IIS logs and I can parse to fetch the IP Address.  Wondering if this information is available via some cmdlets or Exchange Web Services or any other APIs?

Thanks, in advance,

Bhagya Prasad NR

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 6:51 PM

Answers

• Hi bhagya,

This forum is for helping customers inter-operating with Exchange via our open protocol documentation. Your issue does not appear to be related to our protocol documentation. Your question may be better answered by posting on the Exchange development forum at:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/exchangesvrdevelopment/threads

Thanks and regards,

SEBASTIAN CANEVARI - MSFT Escalation Engineer Protocol Documentation Team
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 2:51 PM