none
How do I know which service packs/updates to install for .NET Framework 2.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Microsoft I.E. HANGUP advised downloading .NET Framework 2.0 setup, then advised downloading latest service packs and security updates for this product with their reference page displaying total geek language for the totally experienced in NET works which I am not.  Any simple answers??  All I want to do is stop the Internet Explorer hang-ups, not spend the whole day learning a new system which I don't think I will use.  Thanks
    Friday, December 16, 2011 5:22 PM

Answers

• There is a cumulative update that will install any missing updates to .NET Framework 2.0 on your system.

Before I proceed, what follows assumes you have Windows XP. If you have a more modern Windows version (Vista and Win 7), which includes .NET Framework 2,0 as part of the OS, these suggestions do not apply.

The cumulative update for 2.0 and its extensions 3.0 and 3.5 is here:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/0/e/20e90413-712f-438c-988e-fdaa79a8ac3d/dotnetfx35.exe

Before you run the installer, disable your AV software and clear out your %temp% directory.

Run the installer from an account with full administrative priveleges.

• Proposed as answer by Alexander Sun Monday, December 19, 2011 9:06 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alexander Sun Friday, December 23, 2011 8:33 AM
    Friday, December 16, 2011 10:16 PM