onTransport Error "connection forcibly closed by remote host" Azure Event Hub RRS feed

• Question

• I get this random "onTransportError" while inserting data into the event hub. The same code works sometimes and then others I get this error. I am running my app as "web app for containers" on the azure portal which performs the insertion. I have tried a few things but nothing seems to work.

Below is the stacktrace:

Exception in thread "main" com.microsoft.azure.eventhubs.EventHubException
        at com.microsoft.azure.eventhubs.impl.ExceptionUtil.toException(ExceptionUtil.java:60)
        at com.microsoft.azure.eventhubs.impl.MessagingFactory.onConnectionError(MessagingFactory.java:253)
        at com.microsoft.azure.eventhubs.impl.ConnectionHandler.onTransportError(ConnectionHandler.java:178)
        at org.apache.qpid.proton.engine.BaseHandler.handle(BaseHandler.java:191)
        at org.apache.qpid.proton.engine.impl.EventImpl.dispatch(EventImpl.java:108)
        at org.apache.qpid.proton.reactor.impl.ReactorImpl.dispatch(ReactorImpl.java:324)
        at org.apache.qpid.proton.reactor.impl.ReactorImpl.process(ReactorImpl.java:291)
        at com.microsoft.azure.eventhubs.impl.MessagingFactory$RunReactor.run(MessagingFactory.java:507)
        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Thursday, April 11, 2019 6:38 PM

All replies

• Thank you for posting the question!  I see that you have also posted the question on SO, it is the right forum to receive specialized assistance on Azure Event Hub issues from the targeted audience. You may continue your discussion there for receiving focused assistance.
    In the interim, you could try the suggestions outlined in this document 'Event Hubs messaging exceptions' to narrowed down the exception issue. Also, you could review the Azure Service Health -Service issues view shows any ongoing problems in Azure services that are impacting your resources. You can understand when the issue began, and what services and regions are impacted. You can also read the most recent update to understand what Azure is doing to resolve the issue.

Friday, April 12, 2019 2:56 PM