Retargetting my win 8 app to 8.1 creating issues

Question

• Hi all,

I had created a app in windows 8 with VS 2012 ultimate. It was working fine. It has a login control on default page and a main page with list view.

Login Control: Has two textboxes for "username" and "Password" and two buttons "Login" and "Cancel"

Main Page: Has a list view with simple templates as on grid project. On the to towards right of page title I have few divs with chevron. On click of these divs menu flyoup show up.

All works great with windows 8 (WinJS 1.0)

I did a upgrade from Windows 8.0 to 8.1. I also uninstalled VS 2012 and Installed VS 2013 Ultimate.  I opened the app in VS 2013 , but did not re target to 8.1. I ran the app and it works as expected.

I made a copy on my app and I retargeted the copy to windows 8.1 (WINJS 2.0). when I run the re-targeted one I see these issues:

1. In login page when I enter the user name and password and press "Enter" nothing happens. I have to click the "Login" button with mouse for invoking that. Previously, after entering "username" and "password" if I press "Enter" the "Login" button was invoked.

2. In main page, I had a margin of 118px to win-surface of list view. That perfectly aligned the left of element to the start of title. In retargeted app it looks pushed further right.

3. No controls on the top of page (To the right of title I have few divs with chevron) are clickable. They are not clickable at all.

Can someone please help me in this ?

- Girija

Please mark responses as answered if it helped you.. This helps others... - Girija Shankar Beuria

Thursday, January 30, 2014 12:27 PM

Answers