none
Merge multiple tocs from different documents in single (main) toc in the final merged toc RRS feed

• Question

• I have a requirement where the document has to have multiple SVG images.

I tried with the options available online but nothing is supporting SVG images.

Can you give some pointers.

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, January 3, 2019 12:39 PM

All replies

• Your topic seems to have nothing to do with the content of your post. 

TOCs from multiple documents can be constructed via the use of RD fields. See: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/field-codes-rd-referenced-document-field-1730f463-ea41-4736-8061-499e778dd806

Word does not support SVG graphics; you'll need to convert them to a format Word does support (e.g. emf).

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Thursday, January 3, 2019 10:34 PM
  • Thank you for the reply.

Actually I had to post 2 questions, 1 in the title and other is now in the content.

Because of my net connection, something went wrong and hence the post with wrong title n content.

However, I would like to continue with my question in content -

1) SVG support - I understood that word supports emf format. I tried converting my svg in emf from an website and it worked as expected.

Is there any way, word handles the conversion from SVG to emf or other formats(bmp,jpg,png) to emf

Friday, January 4, 2019 12:01 PM
  • Since Word doesn't convert between file formats, it couldn't do that even if it supported SVG.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Friday, January 4, 2019 9:51 PM