Publish web site fails RRS feed

• Question

• User-177021704 posted

Guys when I try and publish my web application which once upon a time worked and published perfectly. Now when I attemp to publish I am getting:

------ Publish started: Project: C:\xxxx\WebSite5\, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
    Connecting to site C:\Users\marshbra\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\WebSite5\PrecompiledWeb\WebSite5...
    Deleting existing files...
    Publishing directory /...
    The system cannot find the path specified.

The directory exsists and permissions are more than fine (Everyone / Change)

Any clues on what I can do... I am a new user to VS, so please go easy. :)

Monday, June 24, 2013 2:46 AM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

Hi

According to error message shows above, this is a path issue, you should check the file path carefully, at the same time you could follow the procedures below to publish your web site,

1. On the Build menu, click the Publish ProjectName option.
    2. In the Publish Web dialog box, click the ellipsis button (…) to browse to the location to which you want to publish the Web application project.
    3. Select either the Replace matching files with local copies check box or the Delete all existing files prior to publish check box.
    4. Select how you want to copy the Web application project files to the new location: Only files needed to run this application, All project files, or All files in the source project folder. Also, you can include files from the App_Data folder by selecting the related check box.
    5. Click OK to publish your Web application project.

For more tips about publish web site - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa983453(v=VS.80).aspx

hope it helps you,

Regards

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, June 30, 2013 11:42 PM

All replies

• User-1569880281 posted

Hi,

Please click the browse[...] button next to the target location and re browse to the destination folder.
    Might be that VS is showing one path in the publish and output window, but really trying to access some other folder that's protected by Operating System(Win7).
    As Windows 7 as very secured.
    You can read event logs to find, there you will find more details about problems.
    Hope that will help.

Thanks

Monday, June 24, 2013 3:00 AM
  • User-177021704 posted

Thanks for your quick reply. VS tells me and shows me is pointing to the correct folder but yet still does not publish. Also tried on a second machine with the same outcome unfortunatly.

Monday, June 24, 2013 3:03 AM
  • User-166373564 posted

Hi

According to error message shows above, this is a path issue, you should check the file path carefully, at the same time you could follow the procedures below to publish your web site,

1. On the Build menu, click the Publish ProjectName option.
    2. In the Publish Web dialog box, click the ellipsis button (…) to browse to the location to which you want to publish the Web application project.
    3. Select either the Replace matching files with local copies check box or the Delete all existing files prior to publish check box.
    4. Select how you want to copy the Web application project files to the new location: Only files needed to run this application, All project files, or All files in the source project folder. Also, you can include files from the App_Data folder by selecting the related check box.
    5. Click OK to publish your Web application project.

For more tips about publish web site - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa983453(v=VS.80).aspx

hope it helps you,

Regards

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, June 30, 2013 11:42 PM