how to pass parameters automatically using go to url option in ssrs report? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

i am having two reports one is table report and another one is dashboard report but data set and parameters are same for both,so my requirement is when i click on one of the text box in report it has to redirect to dashboard and same parameters to pass form report to dashboard, so , to get this requirement i have chosen "go to report" option in text box properties in action tab,

but after deploying the report in report manager i am not able to see the parameters pane, but i am getting the dashboard with graphs as i want,but my requirement is it has to show parameters pane also,

so, with the suggestions from msdn forums i have used "go to url" option ,now i am able to see parameters pane but parameters are not passed to dashboard report from main report, here again i need to select parameters manually, i don't want that ,as per the client requirement it has to show parameters pane and the parameters has pass to main report to detailed report(dashboard report) with out selecting parameters manually in dashboard report. 

Please help me with this issue how to get it, this is an urgent requirement from client.

Thanks in advance,

Naveen

• Edited by NaveenMSBI Friday, April 25, 2014 10:20 AM
    Thursday, April 24, 2014 7:41 PM

Answers

• Hi ,

For this you need to set the URL as an expression and contruct the URL at runtime passing the parameter.

Refer to the below link on how you can pass the parameters to SSRS using URL

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms155391.aspx

Best Regards Sorna

Saturday, April 26, 2014 12:52 PM