SQL Server Management Studio for 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• hi

i installed SQL Server 2008 February CTP  but i cannot found SQL Server Management Studio for 2008 i also try to connect through SQL Server 2005  Management Studio Express but error message "You can only connect with 2000 or 2005". So if i want to learn 2008 How???????

Muhammad Imran

http://dotnetclassic.com

Friday, May 9, 2008 12:04 PM

Answers

• Mangement Studio is only available as part of the SQL Developer CTP, is that what you installed? If so, you will need to add the feature when you do the installation, it's not selected by default. If you installed SQL Express 2008 CTP you won't get Management Studio, it's not included.

Regards,

Mike

Friday, May 23, 2008 5:03 PM

All replies

• Did you check your install logs? There is another current thread in this forum "sql server 2008 management studio"
    where someone has the same problem as you. He metioned that his install of the tools had failed.
    Sunday, May 11, 2008 9:47 PM
  • Mangement Studio is only available as part of the SQL Developer CTP, is that what you installed? If so, you will need to add the feature when you do the installation, it's not selected by default. If you installed SQL Express 2008 CTP you won't get Management Studio, it's not included.

Regards,

Mike

Friday, May 23, 2008 5:03 PM
  • Where can I find the SQL Developer CTP? I am looking to install Management Studio for SQL Express 2008.
    Wednesday, July 23, 2008 12:51 PM