none
VS Express2012 vs VS 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I am starting to learn Metro Style development and have been looking at the WindowsBlogReader walkthrough.   In my test app, I'm not connecting to an RSS feed, I decided to take a WCF Service exposed as and use that instead.  The service is hosted on my local IIS server at 192.168.111.3, where the VS2010 development environment resides. 

Immediately I notice that the service reference in 2012 has appended Async to all the interface methods compared with the service reference created in 2010.  For Example, when I add a service in VS 2010 I can get this method to work, where SInventoryClient is the service reference.

public void GetAccount(string email, string login)
    {
    	SInventoryClient sclient = new SInventoryClient();
    	CAccount cacct = sclient.GetAccountAsync(email, login);
    	Acct = new MAccount(cacct);
    }

however, the same method in VS2012 looks like this:

public async void GetAccount(string email, string login)
    {
    	SInventoryClient sclient = new SInventoryClient();
    	CAccount cacct = await sclient.GetAccountAsync(email, login);
    	Acct = new MAccount(cacct);
    }

Returns with an error telling me that the endpoint http://192.168.111.3/ShellInventory/SInventory.svc is not found.  "This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action.  The 2012 box has an IP of 192.168.111.12 and does not appear to have a problem with the 192.168.111.3 IP, . . . at least it can find it when I use svcutil.exe from the 2012 box.

Is this a WCF endpoint issue? or is this a 2012 Metro issue not supporting OData?  I'm stuck.

Thanks.

Robotuner

• Edited by Robotuner Thursday, September 27, 2012 5:36 PM
    Thursday, September 27, 2012 5:36 PM

Answers