VS 2010 Profesionnal vs VS 2010 MSDN RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any difference between VS 2010 Profesionnal I download from the web with 30days left and needing a key
    and the DVD you receive from MSDN ?

I'm asking because I have installed VS 2010 Pro from the web and its a huge piece all I need is the Key.
    If I have a MSDN subscription can I take somehow the MSDN VS 2010 Pro key and apply it to the VS 2010 Pro I just installed so I'm
    not forced to uninstall VS 2010 Pro to install MSDN VS 2010 Pro ?

Thank you

Monday, April 19, 2010 4:47 PM

Answers

• if you have an MSDN subscription then yes go get your key and put it in. it works i did it.

but if you have the right MSDN subscription then go download the ISO of VS 2010 Premium....

if you had MSDN with VS 2008 Pro and have an active Sub you get VS Premium automaticly. Premium has some nice added features!

also if you have MSDN and the SUb that gets VS Premium then you also have a license now for TFS 2010 and the install for that is *WAY* better then the old versions. if you do not have a server to run TFS you can run it on a desktop with the new "TFS Basic" install.

Well worth doing...

if you have not upgraded / or need to upgrade the MSDN sub then do it now! they said the "ULTIMATE" upgrade offer was still ok till end of this month.

Monday, April 19, 2010 4:58 PM

All replies

• if you have an MSDN subscription then yes go get your key and put it in. it works i did it.

but if you have the right MSDN subscription then go download the ISO of VS 2010 Premium....

if you had MSDN with VS 2008 Pro and have an active Sub you get VS Premium automaticly. Premium has some nice added features!

also if you have MSDN and the SUb that gets VS Premium then you also have a license now for TFS 2010 and the install for that is *WAY* better then the old versions. if you do not have a server to run TFS you can run it on a desktop with the new "TFS Basic" install.

Well worth doing...

if you have not upgraded / or need to upgrade the MSDN sub then do it now! they said the "ULTIMATE" upgrade offer was still ok till end of this month.

Monday, April 19, 2010 4:58 PM
  • Works like a charm.  Thank you

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 5:23 PM