none
How can I make 1 Form create labels for another Form? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody. I've been building a database for my friend, and I'm trying to build a form that receives it's labels from a different form. I would like for the information in a field to come from a query. My goal is get results using IIF statements in a subform, and for those results to show up in the field.

Here's my problem. I can get the query to work fine. I got my IIF statements to work fine. I got the subform to work fine. My problem is the field I want it's data to come from the IIF statement in the subform, will only show me results of the top rows in the subform.

Is there a way to have my field  ignore the blank fields in the columns of the subform I'm trying to get data from, and display only the data that turns up in the column I want??

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help!!

Dave
    Friday, December 30, 2016 12:43 AM

All replies

• Hi Dave,

Not sure I understand your setup. What expression are you using for the labels? Is your subform in datasheet view? If so, is the second form also in datasheet or continuous view? If not, which record from the subform do you want to display on the second form?

Friday, December 30, 2016 1:41 AM