I developed the nasty habit of doing Reset Session all the time in fsi RRS feed

• Question

• I quickly developed that habit... although I'm not aware of any, have I got any point in doing this?
    Saturday, July 23, 2011 1:11 PM

Answers

• Sounds ok to me. FSI is like slate and chalk. As you enter code, you're building up context, which is ok for incremental work. But its very useful to know that things are hanging together when you start again with a clean slate and run through the solution that you've worked out so far.

This is also one reason we encourage people to work in a script in the code editing window, rather than in the FSI session window itself - so you will have a document recording the bits and pieces of your solution to your coding problem so far, which you can then run through cleanly.

Cheers

don

• Marked as answer by David Grenier Sunday, July 24, 2011 11:34 AM
    Sunday, July 24, 2011 10:54 AM

All replies

• Sounds ok to me. FSI is like slate and chalk. As you enter code, you're building up context, which is ok for incremental work. But its very useful to know that things are hanging together when you start again with a clean slate and run through the solution that you've worked out so far.

This is also one reason we encourage people to work in a script in the code editing window, rather than in the FSI session window itself - so you will have a document recording the bits and pieces of your solution to your coding problem so far, which you can then run through cleanly.

Cheers

don

• Marked as answer by David Grenier Sunday, July 24, 2011 11:34 AM
    Sunday, July 24, 2011 10:54 AM
  • I won't worry about it then!

Thanks,

David

Sunday, July 24, 2011 11:59 AM