Deployment of a AppPackage not working in ARM surface tablet RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

I have developed a project which uses some third party C++ DLL's and other core files . In order to run this project we should keep the core files in Installed packaged location

"C:\Users\PRATHAP\AppData\Local\Packages\fec9a9b8-ac62-41f4-a8ca-4a18e44dee10_9xxtg9dzkmdac\LocalState\"

when i run the App in x86, x64  it is working fine but is not working on ARM Surface tablet. 

is there any solution to run this app in ARM surface tablet?

Please help me in this one

thanks, prathap If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Mark as Helpful".

Wednesday, February 6, 2013 9:22 AM

Answers

• What exactly is your problem? You are not able to deploy the app to Surface or the deployed app doesn't work?

For running app on Surface you need C++ DLLs to be compiled for ARM architecture. Ask the vendor if they support it.

http://lunarfrog.com/blog/

• Marked as answer by Aaron Xue Tuesday, February 19, 2013 2:43 PM
    Wednesday, February 6, 2013 1:05 PM
  • Actually, I need to take back what I said...  Like what Andrei said, the C++ dlls need to be recompiled for ARM if they are Store-compliant, the vendor would need to give these to you.  My apologies for the mistaken thought.  There's no compiler for executables that will allow them to run on ARM.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Wednesday, February 6, 2013 2:48 PM

All replies

• What exactly is your problem? You are not able to deploy the app to Surface or the deployed app doesn't work?

For running app on Surface you need C++ DLLs to be compiled for ARM architecture. Ask the vendor if they support it.

http://lunarfrog.com/blog/

Wednesday, February 6, 2013 1:05 PM
  • There is *NO* support for this, it's not going to happen.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Wednesday, February 6, 2013 2:10 PM
  • hi matt small,

thanks for the reply, can u please suggest me the exact reasons for this

thanks, prathap If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Mark as Helpful".

Wednesday, February 6, 2013 2:44 PM
  • Actually, I need to take back what I said...  Like what Andrei said, the C++ dlls need to be recompiled for ARM if they are Store-compliant, the vendor would need to give these to you.  My apologies for the mistaken thought.  There's no compiler for executables that will allow them to run on ARM.

Wednesday, February 6, 2013 2:48 PM