none
N2 segment in EDI304 RRS feed

• Question

• OK, new question. I am generating EDI304 messages. I am using a polling receive location, WCF-Custom type configured with an oracle DBBinding. The polledDataAvailable query asks if candidates are ready for processing. Each candidate can have up to 4 iterations of the N1Loop1 loop so a typical response that needs to be processed can have up to 4, N2 segments. Any one N1Loop1 iteration will have no more than one N2 segment but the XML document processed by the map will have more than 2 N2 segments total. I can test the map successfully and generate an EDI document. But when the deployed map in the application encounters the xml document coming from the WCF adapter it throws the following error:

Error: 1 (Segment level error)
     SegmentID: N2
     Position in TS: 14
     5: Segment Exceeds Maximum Use Description

I have tried modifying the xsd for the X12_04010_0304 to not have a max occurances in the N2 node (the N3 is the same) but it doesn't help.

Anyone else ever seen this issue before?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Harold Rosenkrans
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 9:35 PM

Answers

• This is so stupid. I am developing on a virtual machine using Oracles Virtual Box. Anyway, I am testing the map in VS and everything is looking good, I am getting the correct EDI document. I deploy the solution, I stop everything in the BizTalk Administrator, I refresh everything I start it all back up. Finally I modify my stored procedure so that it only generates 2 N1Loop1 interations (N1 segment, N2 segment, N3 segement per iteration). I get an EDI document but it is from a version of the map a number of deployments ago (no, I am not incrementing the version of the assembly in VS). Arrghh. So I reboot the virtual machine and Viola! everything works. I am noticing more and more that either sometimes artifacts get cached somewhere or the deployment mechanism starts failing. Anyhow, lesson learned - save and save often, reboot and reboot often.
    Harold Rosenkrans
    • Marked as answer by Hal Rose Friday, November 4, 2011 9:38 PM
    Friday, November 4, 2011 7:22 PM

All replies

• You tried not to have max occurances that means did you put unbounded or blank...Blank will give you error try putting unbounded or 99 or 100 .Any number more than your N2 or N3 segment repitition.

• Edited by sriaug Thursday, November 3, 2011 4:59 PM
    Thursday, November 3, 2011 4:45 PM
  • This is so stupid. I am developing on a virtual machine using Oracles Virtual Box. Anyway, I am testing the map in VS and everything is looking good, I am getting the correct EDI document. I deploy the solution, I stop everything in the BizTalk Administrator, I refresh everything I start it all back up. Finally I modify my stored procedure so that it only generates 2 N1Loop1 interations (N1 segment, N2 segment, N3 segement per iteration). I get an EDI document but it is from a version of the map a number of deployments ago (no, I am not incrementing the version of the assembly in VS). Arrghh. So I reboot the virtual machine and Viola! everything works. I am noticing more and more that either sometimes artifacts get cached somewhere or the deployment mechanism starts failing. Anyhow, lesson learned - save and save often, reboot and reboot often.
    Harold Rosenkrans
    • Marked as answer by Hal Rose Friday, November 4, 2011 9:38 PM
    Friday, November 4, 2011 7:22 PM