WACK Fails on Image Size Restrictions, Unable to Pass Certification RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I have a WPF Desktop Bridge app whose update is unable to pass certification due to a known WACK bug, referenced here: https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/problem/59204/visual-assets.html

Unfortunately, support is unable to push this through and suggested I post it here. I would quite like to get this update out, but this issue is blocking me currently and no amount of resubmitting the update helps, unfortunately.

Here is one of the Test IDs: 3ec9b500-ee56-42d9-98d6-ea4f568c20d2

If my store ID or any other information is also required I'd be happy to provide that as well. Any help would be much appreciated!

Tuesday, June 27, 2017 6:45 PM

Answers

• The only option from the development end would be to remove the offending assets from your package. Since it only occurs on certain scales (IIRC WACK is rounding down rather than up or vice versa) you can remove those from the package and provide only scale factors which multiple evenly (100, 150, 200, etc.)

Anything specific to your ID and package would have to go through the store support team to request an exception. I'm not sure why they pointed you here, and I'll follow up with them to make sure their communications is clearer.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by SocksNSandals Tuesday, June 27, 2017 7:46 PM
    Tuesday, June 27, 2017 7:39 PM

All replies

• The only option from the development end would be to remove the offending assets from your package. Since it only occurs on certain scales (IIRC WACK is rounding down rather than up or vice versa) you can remove those from the package and provide only scale factors which multiple evenly (100, 150, 200, etc.)

Anything specific to your ID and package would have to go through the store support team to request an exception. I'm not sure why they pointed you here, and I'll follow up with them to make sure their communications is clearer.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by SocksNSandals Tuesday, June 27, 2017 7:46 PM
    Tuesday, June 27, 2017 7:39 PM
  • That is such an embarrassingly easy fix.  I somehow got it into my head that the assets had to stay, thanks.
    Tuesday, June 27, 2017 7:49 PM