none
custom outlook form RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have designed a custom outlook form , i want to put one validation like 

if name field is not entered then * should come next to that similar like asp controls.

I am not able to do this please help me out, thanks in advance. 

Monday, October 12, 2015 9:15 AM

Answers

• Hi Kosh,

Base on my test with outlook contact custom form, insert a Textbox and check A value is required for this field check box, but it won’t display the error/alert message.

For this requirement, I suggest that you could create a form region, then you could capture TextChanged event of Textbox control, then set the message in label.

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 7:24 AM

All replies

• Hello Kosh,

It is not clear what exactly you need to implement. Could you be more specific?

Anyway, you may find the Microsoft Outlook Custom Forms helpful. I believe you can handle control's events in the code where you can do whatever you need.

Monday, October 12, 2015 10:55 AM
  • HI Eugene,

I want to put a required field validation for one of the field, but if i use the required field validation from property menu, It will pop up the message that one of the field is not entered instead i want a asterisk "*" next to that field if that field value is not entered.

Note this custom outlook form is Contact custom form .

Monday, October 12, 2015 11:16 AM
  • Hi Kosh,

Base on my test with outlook contact custom form, insert a Textbox and check A value is required for this field check box, but it won’t display the error/alert message.

For this requirement, I suggest that you could create a form region, then you could capture TextChanged event of Textbox control, then set the message in label.

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 7:24 AM