Does Expression Web produce correct html code? RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using Expression Web since version 1 and never has a problem with any server. On the present server by HostGator that upload to since years, suddenly all non-standard characters turned into squares. This is across the whole website since 2000. The tech support tells me it is because Expression Web does not convert to html standards. The problem occurred while their tech support work on an upload problem.
    Wednesday, March 11, 2015 11:59 AM

All replies

• Yes. Expression Web produces correct code. Expression Web is just a fancy text editor, like Dreamweaver.

What nonstandard characters do you mean--specifically? Are they different fonts? Different languages? Math symbols? You need to be much more specific. And we really need to see that problem to try to help.

Post a link to the page and tell us what exactly is showing up wrong.

A horse walks into a bar. The bartender asks "Why the long face?" "Because I was born into servitude and when I die my hooves will be used to make glue." It was at this point that the bartender realized he would not be getting a tip.

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 12:53 PM
  • You might try this.  Open page with problem in Notepad and save it using UTF-8 encoding.  It could be something got messed up with the encoding.  I had this happen once.
    Thursday, March 12, 2015 4:23 PM