Reading on-premise file using SSIS Integration Runtime in Azure Data Factory v2 RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to use the new Public preview of Azure Data Factory v2 which has support for SSIS through SSIS Integration Runtime. I am trying to read the file in the an Azure VM which is based on ARM template and the VNET is based on ARM. To make the connection possible to SSIS Runtime, I have created a classic VNET and configured the VPN gateway to connect between the Classic VNET and ARM VNET (as the current public preview doesn't support ARM based VNet for SSIS RT). I have configured a file share in the Azure VM and also the VM is not connected to any AD. I am trying to access the file through the SSIS package, however it is not able to connect to the file and it fails with the error "cannot open datafile". The file share has been given the required security and sharing permissions i.e. Everyone group can access the file and share. Can you guys help to resolve the issue?

Thanks.

MCSD.NET

Tuesday, October 10, 2017 2:47 PM

All replies

• You can treat a file share on Azure VM inside VNet similarly as a file share on premises inside VNet, i.e. you can use SSIS in ADFv2 feature that connects to on-prem data sources/destinations using WinAuth (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/integration-services/lift-shift/ssis-azure-connect-with-windows-auth) and call set_execution_credential @domain = N'.', @user = N'username of local account on Azure VM', @password = N'password'.

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 1:52 AM
  • Thanks for the reply. I tried the above approach mentioned, however I still get the same issue. In fact I tried with and without VNET with the same result. Any other pointers would really help.

Thanks...

Saturday, October 28, 2017 10:57 PM
  • Could you please help raise a support ticket, so we can engage directly to resolve your issue?
    Monday, October 30, 2017 5:41 AM
  • Was the problem solved? I'm trying also to connect with my SSIS IR to file share on Azure VM with no luck. I'm using ARM VNet in my configuration.

BR, Tero

Wednesday, July 4, 2018 6:13 AM
  • Was the problem solved? I'm trying also to connect with my SSIS IR to file share on Azure VM with no luck. I'm using ARM VNet in my configuration.

BR, Tero

I solved the problem by myself. I tried to access virtual machine by using its public ip/name. But I found out you need to use its private ip/name to be able access within your own virtual network.
    Monday, August 13, 2018 6:40 AM