Set/Change Parameter value based on group toggle RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Is there a way to change the value of a parameter when the user clicks on the Row Group's text box? I've a drilldown report with a graph. I want the graph's values should change when the user click's on a particular Row Group's text box.

Thanks!

GBM
    Tuesday, May 18, 2010 10:14 PM

Answers

• U will have to pass it as Fields!<group name>.value

Eg, if the group name is category, then you pass it as Fields!Category.Value

Cheers,
    Jason
    P.S. : Please click the 'Mark as Answer' button if a post solves your problem! :)

Some Random Thoughts

• Marked as answer by GBaksh Wednesday, May 19, 2010 4:06 PM
    Wednesday, May 19, 2010 3:31 PM

All replies

• You could use the jump to report property and point it to the same report. Along with it, pass the same values for all the parameters, but for the one parameter you want to change, add in the new value. Should work.
    Cheers,
    Jason
    P.S. : Please click the 'Mark as Answer' button if a post solves your problem! :)

Some Random Thoughts

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 4:50 AM
  • Thanks Jason for your reply, that is what I am trying to do. My question is how would I get the value of that one parameter from the group I click on? Meaning - the last parameter that I want to send is the group name I click on.

Group 1 (How do I get the value of this text box when clicked)

--- Group 2 (How do I get the value of this text box when clicked)

GBM
    Wednesday, May 19, 2010 2:30 PM
  • U will have to pass it as Fields!<group name>.value

Eg, if the group name is category, then you pass it as Fields!Category.Value

Cheers,
    Jason

Some Random Thoughts

• Marked as answer by GBaksh Wednesday, May 19, 2010 4:06 PM
    Wednesday, May 19, 2010 3:31 PM
  • Thanks, here is what I was looking for: ReportItems!txt_group_text_box.value
    GBM
    Wednesday, May 19, 2010 4:06 PM