none
Multi Step Web Tests RRS feed

• Question

• We are currently utilising App Insights and recently received the email regarding price changes and the ability to utilise multi step web tests.

Multi Step Web Tests is something that we would be interested in utilising as this would enhance the monitoring of our API that is deployed within the App Service.

We currently only benefit from ping tests but as I’m sure that you appreciate that doesn’t add much value in the context of monitoring uptime and performance of an API.

We would be interested in developing a number of scenarios to test, e.g. login, maybe to call some specific API methods that connect to backend systems that are renowned for being slow, etc

If I’ve understand the pricing correctly, this means that we would have to pay £7.45 per test per month which seems overly expensive.

If we had 10 tests this would cost in excess of £70 per month. The pricing doesn’t seem to make sense when you compare against other Azure services such as £11 per month for Azure SQL and the massive capabilities that this provides.

Regards

Tom

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 4:09 PM

Answers

• Hi Tom,

I understand your point. I appreciate the feedback and will make sure it is relayed to our business team. However, at this point, this is pricing model for web tests.

Note that you can make a multi-step web test quite complex and potentially minimize the number of such tests that you need.

Thanks

Dale

Thursday, January 26, 2017 1:28 PM

All replies

• Hi Tom,

I believe you understand the pricing correctly for multi-step web tests.

Thank you

Dale

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 10:56 PM
  • Hi Dale,

The point that I am making is that the pricing is expensive and doesn't make sense in comparison to other Azure services. This would deter me from using it.

Thanks

Tom

Thursday, January 26, 2017 8:48 AM
  • Hi Tom,

I understand your point. I appreciate the feedback and will make sure it is relayed to our business team. However, at this point, this is pricing model for web tests.

Note that you can make a multi-step web test quite complex and potentially minimize the number of such tests that you need.

Thanks

Dale

Thursday, January 26, 2017 1:28 PM
  • Hi Dale,

I agree with Tom about the current high pricing scheme of multi-step web test. I am helping a customer with SaaS app that will have up to 100 customers with their 100 distinct Active Directories. Under this pricing scheme my customer will have to pay up to $1000/ month just to run 100 tests to authenticate to distinctive AD.

Please take our concerns to interested parties to review this pricing scheme. I am sure there will be others who will stay away from this cool feature because of the same concerns that we have raised.

Regards,

Nazik

@nazik_huq

Friday, January 27, 2017 7:48 PM