none
Dataset designer error when drop table RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello.

When i'm trying to create a new dataset in the designer, when i try to drop the table from the server explorer i get the following error message:

"There were errors dropping "Tablename" onto the designer. The XML Schema could not be interpreted from this object."

Can anyone tell me whats the problem? I'm using Sql Server 2005 and Visual Studio\Visual Basic (this happens since i done a new installation of my pc).

Thanks in advance.

RSMS

Thursday, February 21, 2008 5:35 PM

Answers

•  

I've just had exactly the same problem just happen.  The error message is extremely poor, mine was caused by connecting to the SQL DB as dbo using Windows Authentication, but trying to drag a table belonging to a different schema.  Make sure you log on correctly to SQL.  I changed all off my tables to dbo schema and the problem has disappearred (refresh the data connection if you do this)

Monday, March 24, 2008 5:18 PM

All replies

• Error:

"There were errors dropping "Tablename" onto the designer. The XML Schema could not be interpreted from this object."

Hi RSMS,

Welcome to MSDN forums!

I don't reproduce this issue.

According to your description, this issue happens since you have done a new Windows installation, I think it's resulted from faulted Visual Studio .NET installation or .NET Framework. Please try repairing or reinstalling them.

Regards,

Martin

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 12:36 PM
  •  

I've just had exactly the same problem just happen.  The error message is extremely poor, mine was caused by connecting to the SQL DB as dbo using Windows Authentication, but trying to drag a table belonging to a different schema.  Make sure you log on correctly to SQL.  I changed all off my tables to dbo schema and the problem has disappearred (refresh the data connection if you do this)

Monday, March 24, 2008 5:18 PM