none
Visual Studio C# assembly order

Question

•  

I have an old application build with VS 2008 using Spread 2.0.6.0.

The app has a win form with an embedded spread control

I want to add description and engineering units to the spread control form.

Something strange is happening and I cannot figure it out.

I modified the CollectTagsSpreadControl by adding two more columns

I deleted the old spread control from the CollectTagsForm and added this new control:

In VS this looks good.... the form has the new spread control with the additional columns.

But when I clean and build the project and run it, I get the form with the old spread control.

I have messed with the Depends On clause in the config project file to no avail.

I think somehow Visual Studio is compiling and assembling these two components in the wrong order and I don’t know what to do to fix it.

Have you experienced this before?   Got a good solution for me?

Sunday, January 10, 2016 1:26 PM

Answers

• Hi DonPGolden,

It seems that this issue was related to third party control, am I right?

You know that actually we didn't support the third party controls, but if possible, you could narrow down this issue with the steps here:

(1)Please clean and rebuild your solution, and then run it again, so we could know that whether the changed was compiled.

(2)If possible, create a blank solution, and then add all project files to this new solution after you change the projec code, or you could add the same project files, and then just copy the code directly, so we could know that whether it is related to the project files.

(3) If still no help, I suggest you create a new form app with the latest controls directly.

You know that this forum is to discuss the VS IDE usage, to really make sure that it is not the VS IDE issue, maybe you could run the same app in other VS machine, check it again.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, January 11, 2016 9:41 AM
  • I actually solved this by bringing up the form view, deleting and reading the control.  That made the IDE use the new control rather than the old one.

• Marked as answer by DonPGolden Thursday, January 21, 2016 1:03 PM
    Thursday, January 21, 2016 1:03 PM

All replies

• Hi DonPGolden,

It seems that this issue was related to third party control, am I right?

You know that actually we didn't support the third party controls, but if possible, you could narrow down this issue with the steps here:

(1)Please clean and rebuild your solution, and then run it again, so we could know that whether the changed was compiled.

(2)If possible, create a blank solution, and then add all project files to this new solution after you change the projec code, or you could add the same project files, and then just copy the code directly, so we could know that whether it is related to the project files.

(3) If still no help, I suggest you create a new form app with the latest controls directly.

You know that this forum is to discuss the VS IDE usage, to really make sure that it is not the VS IDE issue, maybe you could run the same app in other VS machine, check it again.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, January 11, 2016 9:41 AM
  • I actually solved this by bringing up the form view, deleting and reading the control.  That made the IDE use the new control rather than the old one.

• Marked as answer by DonPGolden Thursday, January 21, 2016 1:03 PM
    Thursday, January 21, 2016 1:03 PM