Could not locate the assembly "Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITesting, Version=14.0.0.0, RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am performing an UI testing in selenium framework. I am getting this error:

Could not locate the assembly "Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITesting, Version=14.0.0.0. 

I have VS 2015 professional installed with .Net 4.0 and .Net 4.5 with MSBuild  and getting the above error.

Can you please suggest me how to resolve the above error.

Thanks and Regards,

vkatakam

Friday, September 15, 2017 8:25 AM

All replies

• Hi vivek1717,

Thank you for posting here.

According to your question is more related to Unit Testing, I will move it to Visual Studio Unit Testing forum for suitable support.

The CLR Forum discuss and ask questions about .NET Framework Base Classes (BCL) such as Collections, I/O, Regigistry, Globalization, Reflection. Also discuss all the other Microsoft libraries that are built on or extend the .NET Framework, including Managed Extensibility Framework (MEF), Charting Controls, CardSpace, Windows Identity Foundation (WIF), Point of Sale (POS), Transactions.

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 18, 2017 7:47 AM
  • Hi Vkatakam,

Thanks for your asking.

But Visual Studio 2015 Professional Edition does not support Coed UI testing.

To run Coed UI test we need Visual Studio Enterprise Edition.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Fletch Zhou Wednesday, September 20, 2017 10:35 AM
    • Edited by Fletch Zhou Thursday, September 21, 2017 4:14 PM
    Monday, September 18, 2017 9:31 AM
  • Hi Vkatakam,

Please feel free to let us know if you need more help.

And please help us mark a reply as answer if it could help resolve your issue or doubt.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Have a great day:)

Best regards,

Fletcher  

MSDN Community Support

• Edited by Fletch Zhou Thursday, September 21, 2017 10:00 AM
    Thursday, September 21, 2017 8:59 AM
  • Hi Fletcher,

Thanks for your quick reply.

As suggested I have installed MS Visual Enterprise edition on my system and tried compiling the above.The above error is resolved but now I am getting the following error:

error MSB4062: The "TransformXml" task could not be loaded from the assembly
    C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v14.0\Web\Microsoft.Web.Publishing.Tasks.dll.
    Could not load file or assembly
    'file:///C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v14.0\Web\Microsoft.Web.Publishing.Tasks.dll'
     or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    Confirm that the <UsingTask> declaration is correct, that the assembly and all its dependencies are available,and that the task contains a public class that implements Microsoft.Build.Framework.ITask

I have installed the necessary nuget package for MS publishing agent but still getting the above error.

Can you please suggest me how to resolve the above error.

Thanks and Regards,

vkatakam

Sunday, September 24, 2017 5:14 PM
  • Hi vkatakam,

Thanks for your response.

Please try the method below:

• Open the project file (.csproj) of the project failing to load
    • Search for <Import Project="$(MSBuildExtensionsPath)\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v14.0\Web\Microsoft.Web.Publishing.targets" />
    • Change it to <Import Project="$(MSBuildExtensionsPath)\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v$(VisualStudioVersion)\Web\Microsoft.Web.Publishing.targets" />
    • Reload the project

That will set the correct version of Visual Studio dynamically and properly.

Btw, may I ask your OS, is it window 7 or window 10?

Best regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support

• Edited by Fletch Zhou Monday, September 25, 2017 3:26 AM
    Monday, September 25, 2017 3:26 AM