Change text of Sharepoint List WebPart items? RRS feed

• Question

• I have been searching on how to change the color of the list items in my sharepoint Announcements List Webpart but can seem to find a complete answer. The issue is I am not sure how to apply the CSS to the specific webpart. I added a Content Editor WP but I cannot correlate the WebPartWPQ* ID to the HTML source code.

In lieu of the CSS method I would simply input ms-rteStyle-MakeTextBlack but I cannot figure out which td/tr class is associated with the new webpart. I have been away from SharePoint for about 1 year and forgot a lot of the little tricks but they are coming back each time I run into a dead end.

Thanks

Wednesday, May 4, 2016 3:45 PM

Answers

• Hi

to check which element and which class is associated, use dev tool (F12  in IExplorer  ) to get it

Next change your code, the easiest way using SharePoint designer

Romeo Donca, Orange Romania (MCSE, MCITP, CCNA) Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if the post has been helpful for you.

• Marked as answer by GEE OTTO Wednesday, May 4, 2016 6:04 PM
    Wednesday, May 4, 2016 5:15 PM
  • I cant use SPD for this particular site collection (prior to my arrival configuration choice to limit ability to alter changes since many folks have SPD installed).

Thank you so much that made my life so much easier for these pages. I typically use SPD for everything and am more comfortable within that tool.

I added this so when other search and find this they know what to click. Once you click your element, right-click and choose "Edit as HTML" and you can use the GUI to alter the elements.
    Wednesday, May 4, 2016 5:59 PM

All replies

• Hi

to check which element and which class is associated, use dev tool (F12  in IExplorer  ) to get it

Next change your code, the easiest way using SharePoint designer

Romeo Donca, Orange Romania (MCSE, MCITP, CCNA) Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if the post has been helpful for you.

• Marked as answer by GEE OTTO Wednesday, May 4, 2016 6:04 PM
    Wednesday, May 4, 2016 5:15 PM
  • I cant use SPD for this particular site collection (prior to my arrival configuration choice to limit ability to alter changes since many folks have SPD installed).

Thank you so much that made my life so much easier for these pages. I typically use SPD for everything and am more comfortable within that tool.

I added this so when other search and find this they know what to click. Once you click your element, right-click and choose "Edit as HTML" and you can use the GUI to alter the elements.
    Wednesday, May 4, 2016 5:59 PM