Setting up load test controllers? RRS feed

• Question

• I am a bit confused on how to set up additional machines for load testing. How do you "prep" other machines to be used as controllers for load testing. I was under the impression that load test was similar to webload in how you could set up additional machines to simulate several thousand virtual users for On-premise load testing. Is there an additional client or software that needed to be installed in order for these other controllers to run as simulated virtual users for the load test? Do they need visual studio installed? Do they all need to be enterprise, or does just the host machine running the test need to be enterprise? I would like to avoid using the Cloud-based Load Testing, since that charges per test, and I would like to be able to see if a load test is even working towards an accurately test before that.
    Tuesday, September 6, 2016 8:02 PM

Answers

• Hi JCDataD,

>>Is there an additional client or software that needed to be installed in order for these other controllers to run as simulated virtual users for the load test?

If you want the another machine added to load test, it does not need to install VS2015 Enterprise. It only need to install the Test Agent. Then connect this test agent to Test Controller that we could test the load test from remote machines.

>>does just the host machine running the test need to be enterprise?

VS2015 Enterprise and Test Controller could be installed in different machines. During the load test we could connect the remote test controller through VS.

More information about architecture of configure Test Controller and Test Agent for Load Testing please refer to the Typical remote configuration part of the following MSDN document.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms243155.aspx

You could download the Test Agent and Test Controller from the following link:

https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/docs/test/lab-management/test-machines/install-configure-test-agents

Sincerely,

Oscar

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Oscar_Wu Friday, September 9, 2016 11:13 AM
    • Marked as answer by Oscar_Wu Tuesday, September 20, 2016 9:55 AM
    Wednesday, September 7, 2016 7:21 AM