How to create Remote Desktop Application in C# or port it from HTML5/JS project ?

Question

• Hi

How can create Remote Desktop Application in C# template ? I were searching on google but not found example or API for this.

If can, please suggest for me some solution, example and document.

And I have JavaScript project template Remote Desktop Application. Can i port it to c# ? Or use Webview to show it ?

I were create demo use webview to show it but it not run. Maybe i do some mistake or can't be do it.

Thanks.

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 8:52 AM

Answers

• I have no other options.  We already provide the RDP plug-in for JavaScript. I'm not sure what else is needed for this.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 2:45 PM

All replies

• Hi Khiem - the JavaScript ActiveX Remote Desktop control is not available for C#. There is no other option to create a C# app this way. 

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 12:41 PM
  • Hi Matt.

I found a app Remote Desktop by Microsoft available both on Windows and Windows Phone.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/microsoft-remote-desktop/299b09ab-207e-441c-9e8e-c8d66c20b76b

It has been written by JavaScript ?

Thursday, March 12, 2015 3:05 AM
  • It has not been written in JavaScript and likely also hasn't been written in C#. I guess that it's directly implementing the RDP protcol instead of relying on some ready-made control.
    Thursday, March 12, 2015 1:06 PM
  • Actually, it's the Remote Desktop ActiveX which is given special permission to operate in the context of a JavaScript Windows Store app, but it is not permitted within the context of a C# app.

Friday, March 13, 2015 11:24 AM
  • Thank you, Matt. I'm also taking care of this problem. Besides JS, do we have other options to develop RDP? May you have some suggestions for us?

I know there is a open source FreeRDP supporting RDP protocol (http://www.freerdp.com/). Do you have experience on this or some other suggestion to develop RDP for Windows 8.1 using C#?

• Edited by ntquy99 Saturday, March 14, 2015 9:21 AM
    Saturday, March 14, 2015 9:20 AM
  • I have no other options.  We already provide the RDP plug-in for JavaScript. I'm not sure what else is needed for this.

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 2:45 PM

My project needs work with C# Windows Store. So I need RDP on C#, not JS. If we don't support C#, do we have a RDP spec on Windows 8.1 so that we can follow that spec to implement with native code to support RDP?
    Friday, March 20, 2015 9:34 PM