Using SQLite as local database with Universal Apps with Community.CsharpSqlite

Question

• Hi,

I am trying to develop universal app with sqlite. Using SQLite as local database with Universal Apps with this link I have found that I have to change " configuration manager to set x86". I am developer of Windows Phone 8 and Windows Phone 8.1 ( SliverLight) . In this I have used only Community.CsharpSqlite.WP.dll  to use sqlite in my app. I have also tried to develop windows 8 app and use "Community.CsharpSqlite.WinRT" it's also worked. In both of project I do not required to change  configuration manager.So I have add these dlls to universal app. But they can't work.

I do not want to forcefully change  configuration manager to set x86Is there any way to use this/these Community.CsharpSqlite  dll/s in universal app. Remember I do not want to change configuration manager

Thanks

shah

Thursday, December 18, 2014 12:44 PM

Answers

• Hi Shah,

No. The library need you to change build platform to the appropriate platform. If you don’t link using in this way, I would recommend you search other libraries in NuGet in your project.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, December 22, 2014 5:51 AM

All replies

• Hi Shah,

The link you posted is gone, can you correct it? I searched the same title in that site and found the following link. http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/826602/Using-SQLite-as-local-database-with-Universal-Apps. Is this reference you are looking for?

I searched the “Community.CsharpSqlite”, the search engine redirect me to this site. It’s a third party library, if you have questions, I would recommend you post them on the issues page.

If you want to use sqlite library in universal apps, you can have a look at this version of sqlite and a wrapper of sqlite, provides LINQ functions. You can get them from NuGet in your project.

Feel free to let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, December 19, 2014 3:00 AM
  • Hi thanks for reply. So I have posted that third party site. So I have to wait for their reply. Now My second problem is that I have to change configuration manager to x86 or x64 or to ARM. My problem is when I am designing in XAML it is not allow me to design in ARM it says  "Design view is unavailable for x64 and ARM target platforms." So I have to change it to x86 and when I am deploying my project in Mobile device it say I have change to ARM. So it is quite difficult to developing.

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/826602/Using-SQLite-as-local-database-with-Universal-Apps.

from this above link I can not developing in Any CPU build config. Is there any better way to develop in all build config with SQLITE

Thank you...

shah

Friday, December 19, 2014 4:08 AM
  • Hi Shah,

No. The library need you to change build platform to the appropriate platform. If you don’t link using in this way, I would recommend you search other libraries in NuGet in your project.

Regards,

Monday, December 22, 2014 5:51 AM