none
cannot add account to vs 2015 enterprise

Question

• Hi,

When I try to add my account to VS 2015 in Account Settings->Add Account dialog, I get the following error message:

"We could not add the account ....  Failed to refresh token. Passed query string length exceeds supported limit..."

Any idea how to fix that and add the account?

Monday, October 03, 2016 10:50 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi goran_ldn,

Do you sign in using the Microsoft account or others?

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn457348.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Based on the error warning messages, it seems that the string length has a limitation for the sign in account, so if you use other account or re-create a new one(short string), how about the result?

How do I sign up for a Microsoft account? 

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, October 04, 2016 7:28 AM
  • Thanks for your reply.

I managed to add the account by signing off first and removing all accounts and adding them again plus the new account i wanted to add

Tuesday, October 04, 2016 7:51 PM
  • Glad to know that you have resolved this issue, goran_ldn:)

If so, please mark your reply as the answer, so it would be helpful for other members who meet the same issue, and I could close this case for you.

Have a nice day,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, October 05, 2016 2:38 AM