none
Connect to ODBC located in Remote Machine RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,,

I have a server having an ODBC connection for Pervasive database.

I would like from my laptop to connect to that ODBC?

Is it possible? How can I do this using C#?

Thanks,

Jassim

Monday, May 2, 2016 1:59 PM

Answers

• yeah but my questions is can I connect to the ODBC located in machine A from the C# application located at Machine B? How?

Assuming everything is configured on the laptop for connecting to a Pervasive database over the network then all the information would be specified in the connection string. We can help with the ODBC code in C#, if that is what you need, but we can't help you with the Pervasive networking configuration. You would need to contact Pervasive support for the configuration.

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Tuesday, May 3, 2016 2:55 PM

All replies

• Hi Jassim,

Based on your description, your case more related to Ado.net provider, I will move your case to that forum for better support.

Best regards,

Kristin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, May 3, 2016 2:18 AM
  • If you have a Pervasive ODBC driver then you can use the System.Data.Odbc namespace. There are connection string examples at the below link for the various connection methods:

http://www.connectionstrings.com/pervasive/

Microsoft does not provide any drivers/providers for Pervasive so you would need to obtain those from the vendor.

Tuesday, May 3, 2016 2:24 PM
  • yeah but my questions is can I connect to the ODBC located in machine A from the C# application located at Machine B? How?
    Tuesday, May 3, 2016 2:26 PM

Assuming everything is configured on the laptop for connecting to a Pervasive database over the network then all the information would be specified in the connection string. We can help with the ODBC code in C#, if that is what you need, but we can't help you with the Pervasive networking configuration. You would need to contact Pervasive support for the configuration.

Tuesday, May 3, 2016 2:55 PM