none
Custom Fields in Task Page RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Techie

In PS2013, a custom field can be populated in resource Task page, for example 

Task Name: Room Available, Duration: 1Week, Room is custom fields when <g class="gr_ gr_259 gr-alert gr_tiny gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" data-gr-id="259" id="259">i</g> plan at the time Room value is 10, the same will be populated in Timephased and My task page.

Thanks for Effort.

GP

Thursday, March 8, 2018 9:47 AM

All replies

• Hi Ganesh,

I'm afraid to say custom fields are not timephased.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

Thursday, March 8, 2018 3:36 PM
  • Hi Ben Howard, 

if possible please share your workaround is well appreciated. my requirement is if the custom field should be populated in the task page, like Planned, Actual now you understand my requirement. 

Thanks

GP

Monday, March 12, 2018 5:51 AM
  • Hi GP,

There isn't a work around that I am aware of.  

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

Monday, March 12, 2018 1:07 PM
  • Ganesh P,

As Ben noted in both of his responses, custom fields are static only, that is, there is no timesphased data for them. The only "workaround" would be to create an algorithm that defines how the custom data should be spread over the desired time period and then export that data to Excel. It may be possible to spread the timephased data into extra fields in Project but those will not display in a Usage type view along with normal timephased data. for example, if the time period is 10 periods (i.e. days, weeks, months, etc.) 10 text fields could be used.

John

Monday, March 12, 2018 4:14 PM
  • Hi Ben, John

Thanks for your effort and clarify the same.

Regards

GP

Tuesday, March 13, 2018 6:52 AM
  • Ganesh P,

You're welcome and thanks for the feedback.

John

Wednesday, March 14, 2018 5:51 PM