none
Layer Architecture ( In multiple Solution) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I need to divided layered Archicture in four solution. I have created Data Access Layered, Busines, Services(include Host), Presentation as different solution.

whether i can divided like that, is correct? I need suggestion and guidances.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 2:15 PM

Answers

• Sure there is nothing worng with that. Typically I would have '1' solution in VS.NET with 4 different 'projects', having 1 for each separate layer.

The only thing I would break off into its own solution is the Service and its host. The reason for this is if the service is going to be used across multiple applications and is not specific to only the application that has the UI, BLL, and DAL then keeping it separate is probably a good idea. If however this service is 100% for the application at hand and nothing else then having them all in a single solution is just fine.

Thank you,

• Marked as answer by Prathap Kumar Monday, February 20, 2012 8:55 AM
    Saturday, February 18, 2012 3:37 AM

All replies

• Sure there is nothing worng with that. Typically I would have '1' solution in VS.NET with 4 different 'projects', having 1 for each separate layer.

The only thing I would break off into its own solution is the Service and its host. The reason for this is if the service is going to be used across multiple applications and is not specific to only the application that has the UI, BLL, and DAL then keeping it separate is probably a good idea. If however this service is 100% for the application at hand and nothing else then having them all in a single solution is just fine.

Thank you,

• Marked as answer by Prathap Kumar Monday, February 20, 2012 8:55 AM
    Saturday, February 18, 2012 3:37 AM
  •  Hi atconmay,

Thanks for suggestion . Service is only for the application that why i put in single solution.

prathap.

Monday, February 20, 2012 8:58 AM