dssnewservice not creating a solution RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm trying to work through the DSS Service creation tutorial #1, but I'm encountering problems.

Problem 1) I get up to

start ServiceTutorial1.sln

but this fails because the file doesn't exist. Isn't dssnewservice supposed to create this file?

Problem 2) I tried using Visual Studio 2005 to create a new DSS solution. After building, I couldn't see any of the files which were supposed to have been created in the bin directory (i.e. ServiceTutorial1.M12.Y2008.dll)

Problem/Question 3) Is there supposed to be a second directory located inside the Microsoft Robotics Studio directory like this?

C:\WINNT\Profiles\kf1864\Microsoft Robotics Dev Studio 2008 Express\Microsoft Robotics Dev Studio 2008 Express

This directory contains 1 sub-directory, called bin.

Background:
    -installed Visual Studio 2005 C#
    -installed Microsoft Robotics Dev Studio 2008 Express

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 7:56 PM

Answers

• Hi,

1. DssNewService does not create a solution file. However, you can open the .csproj file by first starting Visual Studio and then selecting Open from the File menu. When you build the project and then exit from VS it will ask if you want a .sln file and you can say "yes".

2. I assume you are talking about using the Wizard in VS. Please check the project properties. Did you create the new project under the RDS installation point?

3. This is weird. There should not be nested folders like this. I don't know how this could have happened.

Trevor
    • Marked as answer by RobotCoffee Monday, December 29, 2008 10:59 PM
    Friday, December 12, 2008 7:12 AM

All replies

• Hi,

1. DssNewService does not create a solution file. However, you can open the .csproj file by first starting Visual Studio and then selecting Open from the File menu. When you build the project and then exit from VS it will ask if you want a .sln file and you can say "yes".

2. I assume you are talking about using the Wizard in VS. Please check the project properties. Did you create the new project under the RDS installation point?

3. This is weird. There should not be nested folders like this. I don't know how this could have happened.

Trevor
    • Marked as answer by RobotCoffee Monday, December 29, 2008 10:59 PM
    Friday, December 12, 2008 7:12 AM
  • Thanks, I'm able to create a new solution properly now.

My mistake about the nested directories: I think I caused that.

-Alex
    Monday, December 29, 2008 10:56 PM