none
DSVM mounted file store freezing

Question

• I am having intermittent issues with a file store mount on a Linux VM. The problem I am having is that intermittently the mount seems to freeze and I am unable to access it or even unmount it. For now my only solution is to reboot the machine. Is there some setting that I am missing that would prevent this freezing? The VM image used is the Data Science VM.

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 11:20 AM

All replies

• Hi MSalvaris,

Thank you for posting here! We are happy to assist you.

1. Are you using the Azure Files or Cloud Drive?
    2. Is it IaaS VM or a PaaS VM?

Regards,
    Sumanth BM

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 7:10 PM
  • Hi,

To troubleshoot this issue more efficiently, could you show me some information about your case:

1 Which version of your Linux VM?

2 The file store is an attached disk or the azure file storage?

3 Could you show me the configuration of your /etc/fstab?

If you still have questions, welcome to post back here. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 23, 2016 10:02 AM
  • Hi Sumanth,

I am using File storage in an Azure Storage Account I created in the Azure portal. 

I am using the data science VM which I am guessing is IaaS but not 100% sure.

Best,

Mathew

Wednesday, November 23, 2016 11:37 AM
  • Not sure which version specifically I am running but I am using the data science VM which I believe is the standard CentOS VM with added data science tools. If you can point me to some instructions to determine which version exactly I would be happy to oblige.

It is Azure File storage.

I am not mounting it fstab I mount it using the following:

sudo mount -t cifs $STORAGE_URI $MOUNT_POINT -o vers=3.0,username=$ACCOUNT_NAME,password=$ACCOUNT_KEY,dir_mode=0777,file_mode=0777

Best,

Mathew

Wednesday, November 23, 2016 11:44 AM
  • Hi,

According to your description, maybe we should add the configuration to /etc/fstab:

//myaccountname.file.core.windows.net/mysharename /mymountpoint cifs vers=3.0,username=myaccountname,password=StorageAccountKeyEndingIn==,dir_mode=0777,file_mode=0777

To troubleshoot this issue more efficiently, may you post the logs from the /var/log/message about mount.

If you still have questions, welcome to post back here. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 24, 2016 9:47 AM