none
Problem updating an embedded excel spreadsheet RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

I have a word 2007 document with a Excel 2007 spreadsheet embedded within.

I'm able to get the spreadsheet part and update some values and save it back but, when I open the document in word still shows the old values since is using the old EMF image to represent the OLE Object.

How can I tell word to refresh that EMF image everytime the user opens the word doc ???

Is there any other approach to solve this problem ???

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, June 18, 2009 4:37 PM

All replies

• What you expect is sort of runtime functionality. I don't think SDK can force Word to "refresh" the picture. Maybe using Office OM will enable you to do this. How do you get this requirement/user scenario? Could you describe the whole workflow in your solution? Thanks!

Shuangshuang (MS)
    Tuesday, June 23, 2009 8:28 AM
  • I've found the same problem in PowerPoint 2007 sp2.
    Scenario: I've a presentation with embedded excel worksheet, I want to update data on this worksheet on server and to send updated presentation to users.
    I successefuly update data on worksheet with openxml sdk 1.0. But users see a previous data unless they activate embedded excel worksheet. After that users see updated worksheet.
    So is there any possibility to make updated data visible or to enforce PPT 2007 to reread data from embedding objects (macros?) without users' actions?

Friday, June 26, 2009 2:39 PM
  • Hi Alexey,

SDK is deal with file format, it cannot force Office app to take actions. I think you need to read the latest data and fill them in the embedded spreadsheet by yourself.

Monday, June 29, 2009 3:43 AM