SharePoint Horizontal (Top Level) Menu Issue. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

The Maximum dynamic display level in my master page is set to display 2 levels and it works fine. I have my SQL Reporting Services integerated with SharePoint. I have defined views on document libraries and then webparts on pages which uses those views to display report links.

Now when I am on the page which has the webparts on it, I can see the nested top level menu till 2 levels which is correct, but if I try to manage a subscription for a particular report it takes me to probably a report server page. Now at this instance if I try to mouse hover the top level menu items I loose the nested menu. Only the first level of the menu is visible.

For Example:

On a normal page which has my web parts, the top level menu would have a structure on mouse hover like below:

Menu1   Menu2   Menu3 (these are tope level menus)

Site1 --> Page1                (Site 1 is a subsite under Menu1 site)

--> Page 2                (Page 1 and 2 are pages in subsite "Site1")

Once clicked to manage subscription for a report takes to a report server page (which is a behavior by standard SharePoint tool design in SSRS integrated mode) and then the top level menu would have a structure on mouse hover like below:

Menu1   Menu2   Menu3 (these are tope level menus)

Site1                 (Site 1 is a subsite under Menu1 site)
    Hence I loose the second level of nested structure.
    Can Somebody please guide on this?
    Cheers,
    Pulkit Ojha
    Monday, February 21, 2011 4:32 PM

Answers

• Got the solution for this.

This can be achieved without ant programming involved.

There was a change required on Application.Master to make the MaximumDynamicDisplayLevel to 2 from 1.

Hope this helps !

Regards,

Pulkit Ojha

• Marked as answer by Pulkit Ojha Tuesday, March 1, 2011 10:58 AM
    Tuesday, March 1, 2011 10:58 AM