Project online - install custom app when new Project is Created RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys!
    I have a question related to Project Online and SharePoint apps. 

We have currently a Project Online and I am just investigating some options for using custom built SharePoint apps (could be sharepoint hosted or provider hosted) inside each of the projects site.

Let's say I am creating a new Project, and this project creates a site, so I want to be able to install my app into that Project Site automatically. Is it possible or not?

Thanks

Nick

Tuesday, September 2, 2014 4:49 AM

All replies

• Hi,

A suggestion is that you can take use of the App Catalog to specify what site templates should have this app available.

Here is a blog about this would provide more information:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/richard_dizeregas_blog/archive/2013/03/04/sharepoint-2013-app-deployment-through-quot-app-stapling-quot.aspx

Thanks

Patrick Liang

Forum Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Patrick Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, September 3, 2014 6:57 AM
  • Thanks for your reply.

That's sad.

• Because of centralized deployment, remote events such as “Handle App Installed”, “Handle App Uninstalled”, and “Handle App Upgrade” will only fire once (when the app is installed in the App Catalog).  Because of this, I think it will be hard to leverage “App Stapling” for branding purposes.  I’ve successful developed branding apps that deploy/set a masterpage from the App Web, but the remote events were a key part of that solution.

Wednesday, September 3, 2014 7:00 AM