none
Source of project build settings RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have a c# build server running in the cloud that fails some times.  The error is access denied to c:\users\(username)\AppData\Local\Temp\vs14A9.tmp\Release\(projectname).csproj.FileListAbsolute.txt.

Why is anything in our build going to a subfolder of c:\users instead of a subfolder of the agent\_work folder?  How do I know where this is coming from?  Is there a way to see the full settings for a project and what file the setting is coming from?

A coworker suggested that it may be from the IntermediateOuotputPath setting for that project.  I see the files in that user folder on my local PC and on the build server.  So I am guessing caused by something checked into source control.  But I can't find it anywhere.

I dug through dozens of targets and prop files looking for this setting - in our solution, the build path, tools path, etc.  And I tried using PowerShell to search all files for "vs14A9.tmp".  And I found nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.  I know we could probably set the IntermediateOutputPath to something better; but we shouldn't have to set this for 100+ projects.  I think this is a relatively, last couple months.  I don't see any changes to the project in question that would cause this.  We could set the value for the one project in question but then the question is why that project and not the other 100 projects.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!!

Edit -

We have the build set to clean before each build.  Strange that this issue persists between build.  Or is it possible the clean fails and we don't know?

Monday, March 19, 2018 5:40 PM

Answers

• Chris,

This doesn't look like it has anything to do with customizing or programming Microsoft Project, a project management application, but that is the sole focus of this forum. I suggest you re-post to the following forum:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=whatforum

John

Monday, March 19, 2018 5:52 PM