Importing a Csv File using SISS RRS feed

• Question

• I am importing a tab delimited file and get this error .

Error: 0xC02020A1 at Task 3 - Data Load for Core Data, Flat File Source [14]: Data conversion failed. The data conversion for column "Column 85" returned status value 4 and status text "Text was truncated or one or more characters had no match in the target code page.".

Error: 0xC020902A at Task 3 - Data Load for Core Data, Flat File Source [14]: The "output column "Column 85" (448)" failed because truncation occurred, and the truncation row disposition on "output column "Column 85" (448)" specifies failure on truncation. A truncation error occurred on the specified object of the specified component. Error: 0xC0202092 at Task 3 - Data Load for Core Data, Flat File Source [14]: An error occurred while processing file "C:\Metrics\report-quoteCoreData.csv" on data row 540. Error: 0xC0047038 at Task 3 - Data Load for Quote Core Data, SSIS.Pipeline: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_PRIMEOUTPUTFAILED. The PrimeOutput method on component "Flat File Source" (14) returned error code 0xC0202092. The component returned a failure code when the pipeline engine called PrimeOutput(). The meaning of the failure code is defined by the component, but the error is fatal and the pipeline stopped executing. There may be error messages posted before this with more

When I set truncation error ignore on one of the fields it seems to import .

Unfortunately I get

Column A ( customer ) Column B ( Location ) Column C ( should be Y or N ) 
    Jimmy                        New York               ssssss  
    ( instead of Y )  

On this row I have an earlier field which goes over 255 characters and causes the ERROR above in SSIS. If I tell it to ignore the error , I get the wrong data inserted for that row . "Ssss ...." is the field where it goes over 255 characters.

What is the solution here?

• Moved by GregGallowayMVP Friday, January 13, 2012 5:45 PM (From:SQL Server Analysis Services)
    Friday, January 13, 2012 5:37 PM

Answers

• Can you go to Source -- Advance Editor --Input and OutputProperties --SourceOutput --Output Columns -- Pick your columns that are more than 255 char and change the length to 500 characters or more and ignore the truncation.
    Friday, January 13, 2012 6:30 PM
  • check this link
    Sincerely SH -- MCITP 2008, MCTS 2008 & 2005 -- Please kindly mark the post(s) that answered your question and/or vote for the post(s).
    • Marked as answer by Eileen Zhao Thursday, January 19, 2012 7:22 AM
    Friday, January 13, 2012 8:15 PM

All replies

• Can you go to Source -- Advance Editor --Input and OutputProperties --SourceOutput --Output Columns -- Pick your columns that are more than 255 char and change the length to 500 characters or more and ignore the truncation.
    Friday, January 13, 2012 6:30 PM
  • check this link
    Sincerely SH -- MCITP 2008, MCTS 2008 & 2005 -- Please kindly mark the post(s) that answered your question and/or vote for the post(s).
    • Marked as answer by Eileen Zhao Thursday, January 19, 2012 7:22 AM
    Friday, January 13, 2012 8:15 PM