Download single file from SSRS using VB.NET RRS feed

• Question

• I'm working on a project where I need to allow users to upload a spreadsheet to the default SSRS website, and then I will need to download and process it through SSIS.  Can anyone help with VB.NET code to connect to SSRS and download the file?  I need to be able to pass a single directory path and file name to the .NET code and have that file downloaded.  I am using SQL Server/SSRS 2005.  Thanks.
    Friday, January 27, 2012 4:03 AM

All replies

• Dave,

SSRS default site is ment for Reports Management Purpose. Where you can View, search, print, and subscribe to reports. Create, secure, and maintain the folder hierarchy to organize items on the server. Configure role-based security that determines access to items and operations. Configure report execution properties, report history, and report parameters.

If you are looking for to execute deployed report & execute it throught VB.NET then it's possible with SOAP API call.

But you mentioned you are looking to get it done on SSIS then please refer How to send a SSRS report from SSIS?

But to upload Excel Files to Report Manager & then use it with SSIS then better you can go for FTP where you can upload files & user FTP Task to get it done.

Thanks,
    Sandip Shinde
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help you and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Marked as answer by Challen Fu Wednesday, March 7, 2012 11:07 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Dave Molyneaux Wednesday, March 7, 2012 3:34 PM
    Friday, January 27, 2012 6:44 AM