none
is the status of job MessageBox_Message_Cleanup_BizTalkMsgBoxDb should be enabled ?? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

In production environment SQL JOB  MessageBox_Message_ManageRefCountLog_BizTalkMsgBoxDb is keep on failing and getting below error

I observed the job  MessageBox_Message_Cleanup_BizTalkMsgBoxDb  is enabled status ,and  have read somewhere this job should be in disable postion and not should be started , because it being started by the job MessageBox_Message_ManageRefCountLog_BizTalkMsgBoxDb , I am not sure if this is causing issue

below is current status of this job , can someone please advice me on it

----------------------------Error message---------------------------------------------
    Log  Job History (MessageBox_Message_ManageRefCountLog_BizTalkMsgBoxDb)

Step ID  
    Server  MCCXPSQCL01\PSQBZ01
    Job Name  MessageBox_Message_ManageRefCountLog_BizTalkMsgBoxDb
    Step Name  
    Duration  22:23:45
    Sql Severity 0
    Sql Message ID 0
    Operator Emailed 
    Operator Net sent 
    Operator Paged 
    Retries Attempted 0

The job was stopped prior to completion by Shutdown Sequence 0.  The Job was invoked by Schedule 29 (Schedule).  The last step to run was step 1 (Purge).

thanks KK

Thursday, March 22, 2018 12:31 PM

Answers

• MessageBox_Message_Cleanup_BizTalkMsgBoxDb is disabled by default and should be disabled. Is started by MessageBox_Message_ManageRefCountLog_BizTalkMsgBoxDb job as you wrote. Please disable it.

Don't worry about status of MessageBox_Message_ManageRefCountLog_BizTalkMsgBoxDb, this job is running in infinite loop and always display a status of Failure after the first failure.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/919776/description-of-the-sql-server-agent-jobs-in-biztalk-server

Thursday, March 22, 2018 12:56 PM

All replies

• MessageBox_Message_Cleanup_BizTalkMsgBoxDb is disabled by default and should be disabled. Is started by MessageBox_Message_ManageRefCountLog_BizTalkMsgBoxDb job as you wrote. Please disable it.

Don't worry about status of MessageBox_Message_ManageRefCountLog_BizTalkMsgBoxDb, this job is running in infinite loop and always display a status of Failure after the first failure.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/919776/description-of-the-sql-server-agent-jobs-in-biztalk-server

Thursday, March 22, 2018 12:56 PM
  • Hi Vaclave,

I verified, all jobs are running correctly , and MessageBox_Message_Cleanup_BizTalkMsgBoxDb  is also disabled 

but still MessageBox_Message_ManageRefCountLog_BizTalkMsgBoxDb job showing failed status ,

when I have verified , after certain period MessageBox_Message_ManageRefCountLog_BizTalkMsgBoxDb is not able to start the MessageBox_Message_Cleanup_BizTalkMsgBoxDb,

my client is looking answer for it and wanted success status in history 

Please help me in order to understand the root cause for it

below is actual status 

----------------------------------------------------------Job status--------------------------------------

SQLSTATE 01000] (Message 14243)  Job 'MessageBox_Message_Cleanup_BizTalkMsgBoxDb' started successfully. [SQLSTATE 01000] (Message 14243)  Job 'MessageBox_Message_Cleanup_BizTalkMsgBoxDb' started successfully. [SQLSTATE 01000] (Message 14243)  Job 'MessageBox_Message_Cleanup_BizTalkMsgBoxDb' started successfully. [SQLSTATE 01000] (Message 14243)  Job 'MessageBox_Message_Cleanup_BizTalkMsgBoxDb' started successfully. [SQLSTATE 01000] (Message 14243)  Job 'MessageBox_Message_Cleanup_BizTalkMsgBoxDb' started successfully. [SQLSTATE 01000] (Message 14243)  Job 'MessageBox_Message_Cleanup_BizTalkMsgBoxDb' started successfully. [SQLSTATE 01000] (Message 14243)  Job 'MessageBox_Message_Cleanup_BizTalkMsgBoxDb' started successfully. [SQLSTATE 01000] (Message 14243)  Job 'MessageBox_Message_Cleanup_BizTalkMsgBoxDb' started successfully. [SQLSTATE 01000] (Message 14243)  Job 'MessageBox_Message_Cleanup_BizTalkMsgBoxDb' started successfully. [SQLSTATE 01000] (Message 14243)  Job 'MessageBox_Message_Cleanup_BizTalkMsgBoxDb' started successfully. [SQLSTATE 01000] (Message 14243)  Job 'MessageBox_Message_Cleanup_BizTalkMsgBoxDb' started successfully. [SQLSTATE 01000] (Message 14243)  Job ...  The step failed.

thanks

KK

Wednesday, April 4, 2018 3:21 AM
  • Hi, I don't remember whether I've seen successful run of RefCount job :) Please check history of Message_Cleanup job and you should see successful runs every 10 seconds = everything is fine, Message_Cleanup is calling by RefCount job well.
    Wednesday, April 4, 2018 8:44 AM