MVC program running fail because of lack of ASP.NET environment setup RRS feed

• Question

• User-677504088 posted

Currently I just copy all the content of web content from development workstation into a networkless testing workstation. After I manually create all the virtual directory for all the web services in the IIS and explore one of the service, there is error: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.web.infrastructure, version =1.0.0 ...', I know there is no such dll within testing workstation, so how do I install these kinds dlls in the testing machine? Now in my development machine, I think these dlls are installed during Visual studio installation. So if I do not want to install visualstudio in testing machine, and even in the CCI in future, how to deal within these kind of problem? Is there any offline installation package?

Thursday, July 14, 2016 6:35 AM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

Hi,

Here are some suggestions:

1. To set the Copy Local property to True
    • In Solution Explorer, click the Show All Files button to display the References node.

• Open the References node for the project.

• Right-click a reference in the References list, and click Properties.

The properties associated with that reference appear in a list in the Properties window.

• Select Copy Local from the left-hand column, and then click the arrow in the right-hand column to change the value to True or False.

2. Search for Microsoft.Web.Infrastructure in NuGet and install it.

Best regards,

Angie

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, July 15, 2016 8:00 AM

All replies

• User-821857111 posted

You should use the Publish feature (Build » Publish...) to publish your web site to the file system, and then copy the resulting files and folders to the hosting server. That way, all dependent libraries should be included in the bin folder.

Thursday, July 14, 2016 12:21 PM
  • User-677504088 posted

Thanks very much for your reply. I just made a trial according to your suggestion. Not works, within the publish folder, there are only dlls that I directly made references. Same to the result I publish as web deploy. I search the "Microsoft.web.infrastructure" dll within my development workstation, this dll exist in a lot of places including Microsoft ASP.NET, and Microsoft .NET GACs. So I think they are installed during the installation of Visual studio. And the published services will directly refer to dlls within GACs. But within my testing machine, there are no such things. So what should I do to install these things without installing visual studio?

Friday, July 15, 2016 1:09 AM
  • User-166373564 posted

Hi,

Here are some suggestions:

1. To set the Copy Local property to True
    • In Solution Explorer, click the Show All Files button to display the References node.

• Open the References node for the project.

• Right-click a reference in the References list, and click Properties.

The properties associated with that reference appear in a list in the Properties window.

• Select Copy Local from the left-hand column, and then click the arrow in the right-hand column to change the value to True or False.

2. Search for Microsoft.Web.Infrastructure in NuGet and install it.

Best regards,

Angie

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, July 15, 2016 8:00 AM