none
Window App with Crystal Reports RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I need help!!!

I want to create a Widows app in VB.Net 2.0 that will display Crystal reports. My data souce is a web reference to a web-sites WSDL. I know how to query the data source with my SELECT statements, but I'm unsure on how to get the results into a report. Do I need an .XSD file or some type of dataset added to my project that can then be added to the reports "Field Explorer?" The only examples I see out there are for connecting to the "Northwind" database and not a web service. Any sugguestion or examples would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Friday, March 28, 2008 12:04 PM

All replies

• Come on, can't someone answer this? Is this not the right thread??

Saturday, March 29, 2008 1:35 AM
  • I have my DataSet and I need to push it to my report. I know my XSD file layout but I'm lost where I transfer my DataSet to the report.....

Sunday, March 30, 2008 3:39 AM
  • You might have tried the Crystal Reports for Visual Studio Forum - it's better suited to inquiries such as this one.

You can either set the dataset programatically, or just choose the database from within the crystal report.  The latter is, of course, simpler: just go to Database > Database Expert, choose the data source type, input the connection parameters, and you're good to go.  Programatically, you would want to have a glance at the Crystal Reports for .NET API and the Crystal Reports .NET Sample Code

Hope this helps - let me know if you have any further questions.

Sunday, March 30, 2008 3:46 AM